Tips & Trouble-Shooting Google Classroom and Zoom
1) The first thing you need to do if you are having difficulty accessing a meeting or anything that your teacher assigns is to Jupiter message the teacher and explain. Communicating with the teachers about your technology situation is crucial.
How to join a google classroom:
- Open a new tab and it will go to the google search engine.
- Click on your google apps
- Click on the plus
- Type in the join code
- Click Join
2) Join all your google classrooms now. This way you can reach out to the teacher prior to the start of class if your google classroom code doesn’t work. If your code is not working, double check that you typed it in correctly. If you don’t have the classroom code then Jupiter message your teacher. If you don’t have your classroom code 30 minutes prior to the start of class, then call the office at Stacey.
3) Need to find a zoom meeting link? Try this…Enter the google classroom. When there make sure that you are clicking on the correct meeting link. If you don’t see a meeting link, then click “classwork” at the top of the screen. When you are on the classwork page, look for a link to the meeting there. Also, when you are on the classwork page, you will see a link to get to your calendar. Some teachers may do things differently, but try this if you can’t find a meeting link.
4) Google Calendar: Many teachers are putting zoom meeting links in the students’ calendars. Check your google calendar by clicking on google apps, then click calendar. Look to see if teachers put links to meetings in your calendar. If so, this is a place where you can quickly access your meeting links.
5) Zoom: Make sure you have signed-in on zoom using your google account. Just because you are logged in on your Chromebook, it does not mean you are signed in on zoom.
How to sign-in to zoom:
- Go to https://zoom.us/signin
- Do NOT type in your email and password
- Instead “sign in with google”
- Then go back to the zoom meeting link that the teacher gave you and join the zoom meeting.
6) If you click on a zoom meeting link and you get a pop-up saying something like you need to be part of the “business or organization” or it says something about it being “internal”....then go to tip #5 above. It means you are not signed in on zoom with your google account. This is an easy fix. Go through step #5 above.
7) Do not log out of zoom. Always stay logged in. This will prevent you having the problem described in step #6. You can leave a meeting without logging out.
8) If you click on a zoom meeting link, and it says “please wait for host to let you in”. Then everything is working fine, and you just need to be patient and wait for the teacher to let you in. If it takes more than 1 minute, then message your teacher. If you are waiting more than a few minutes, then call the office at Stacey and we can help contact the teacher to let them know that you are waiting.