Community Service Info for 8th Grade
One of the 8th grade school-wide goals is to complete 1 hour of community service per trimester totaling 3 hours. You need to keep track of your service hours using the form below. Once you have completed 3 hours, please turn-in the completed form to your homeroom teacher no later than April 28th.
*8th Graders MUST complete 3 hours of community service by April 28th to attend the 8th grade End-of-the-Year Field Trip (most likely Knott's)
General Info about all Community Service
- Community Service Requirements for various groups AVID, NJHS, and 8th grade hours may overlap. That means you may use the same hours for several groups. You are encouraged to do more hours.
- A supervising adult may sign off on the hours (office staff, parent, neighbor, scout leader, etc).
- You may obtain and print the Community Service Log from the link above. If you do not have access to a printer, then come by the office and pick one up.
- If you want to help pick-up trash and beautify the campus please send a Jupiter message to Dr. Barry. This can be done before or after school.
Community Service Ideas
- Picking up trash at beach, park, school, or neighborhood
- Helping at school events
- Helping a teacher before or after school
- Gardening or mowing lawn for a neighbor
- Scout and church projects
- Free Rein Equestrian Center (email Ms. Walters for when she hosts these)
You may think of others besides these.
Our Stacey students volunteering at Free Rein, which is an organization that provides horse rehabilitation and equine therapy.
Stacey students made over 150 thank you cards for medical professionals
Stacey students made over 300 Valentine's Day cards for medical professionals