Homeroom is the students main connection and point of contact at school. It provides a positive, friendly, and supportive environment. In a typical school year, homeroom is every morning.
Each homeroom has an elected homeroom representative who serves on the Leadership (ASB) team. Homeroom reps provide a voice for the student body on school decisions.
Our PTA hosts monthly Battle of the Homeroom competitions where students represent their homeroom, competing in fun lunch-time activities and contests. Each month’s winner gets the coveted Homeroom Champion Banner hung in their classroom.
What are the benefits and importance of homeroom?
- To share school and District activities, events, and information
- To provide important communication with parents
- To have enrichment lessons for that focus on their social-emotional learning on topics such as mindfulness, grit, successful habits, etc.
- To have enrichment lessons for digital and online safety through Common Sense Media
- To answer questions that you may have and be unsure who to approach.
- To engage in meaningful conversations about school and things out of school.